Friday, January 25, 2008

Comments from another Team Member - Cari Roberts

My name is Cari Roberts, and I am 11 years old. I am a student at Chaska Middle School West. When I found out that my parents were considering going to India is was incredibly happy. Going to a country in Asia has always been my dream. I know we will have fun in India, but I will also learn a lot from the hard work that we are going to be doing. Learning so much about how other people live, makes me appreciate how I live.

During this trip I expect to learn about polio and how it affects people. I am sure that children in India can learn from my brother and I, how to use a computer, and basic information about the U.S. Being a young women going to India, people going along with me can learn that anyone who is young can do the same things that older people can do.

To prepare myself to travel to India I have had to spend many hours thinking about what I need to bring along. We have visited the global market downtown. My parents and brother have bought clothes for when we are there. On the other hand, I found clothes at our local Target. Our whole family has been meeting with Maya. Maya is an exchange student from India, and she has been giving us advice on what to bring and what to expect. Maya has also taught us how to cook curry and roti. We cook Indian food every now and than. The food is spicy, but I am used to it. That means that I will not starve when we have to eat in India. Over all I am probably the most excited person going out of my family. My mom is all worried because she does not know what to expect. I am all right with not know what will happen, so for right now, I am ready to travel to India.

No comments: