Thursday, March 6, 2008

Pre-NID and NID photos with music (2/9-2/10/08)

Well, this will be a first, if I am successful in adding this 5-minute video to the BLOG. This is a series of photos, taken by several members of the ROTARY DREAM TEAM - INDIA 2008, of the activities for the day prior to the National Immunization Day against polio in India. At the pre-NID rally, we were greeted by the local and regional chief medical examiners, as well as local Rotarians and more than one hundred students from the Rotary Public School in Gurgaon. Together, we marched through Sohna, with loud speakers and banners, announcing the NID for the following day - February 10. We did our best to get out the word and to urge everyone to bring children under the age of five years to receive the polio vaccine from Rotarians and other volunteers.

Hope you are moved by this presentation - made possible by DGE Brad Jett from District 7780.

1 comment:

Natacha Poggio said...

Your project is very inspiring, I stumbled upon your blog after performing a search for Sohna + India + crayons.

On January 6th, 2009, I'm making one of my dreams come true, by using my profession (as designer and educator) to make the world a better place.

"Water for India" is a humanitarian project led by Engineers Without Borders in a rural village in India, called Abheypur, about an hour away from Sohna.

Next week I am taking my design students to implement an educational campaign on cleanliness, sharing and respect. We created posters, coloring books and will be painting a mural on the primary school wall.

Please visit our website!: Water4India.org

In high school I was part of the youth program of Lions International (in my hometown of Buenos Aires, Argentina). I dreamt of a day where I could improve the lives of people from foreign cultures. Never I imagined that I would make it possible through my graphic design profession.

Lions/Rotary are a great source of leadership and inspiration for youth around the world, keep up the good work!

Natacha